Thursday, June 2, 2011

Feeling Blue

I admit it...I love the color blue. Color preference must be genetic as it was my mother's favorite color and it is my daughter's as well. That being said, It seems natural that this card evolved into a coordinated sea of blue as I played with the June Stamp of the Month, Jubilation. I chose papers from the Lucky collection. (Ok, so I had a ton of scraps and needed to use them!) I will say that when you look at the Lucky papers, your eye tends toward the olive, sunset, and desert sand hues with just a smattering of outdoor denim. However, just peek on the reverse side of the olive paper with outdoor denim pindots, and you'll find the beautiful blue that I used for the background of my piece! Scalloped circles punched from another Lucky paper, a bit of sponging, a knot of blue ribbon, and, yes, even blue sparkles, brought texture and bling to a card that makes me feel anything but blue!

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty - I think it would even make a nice Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete