Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Anything Goes with the February Paper Trail Blog Hop.....

That being said, I just had to share one of the brand new papers as featured in the new 2012 Spring/Summer Idea Book that goes live Feb. 1st! I will be the first to admit that I love all of the new paper packets. Sure, there are some that are favorites, but I love them all and hope to share artwork created with all of them.

This month, if you have reached my blog thru Tamytha's blog, Paper HeARTIST, then you're on the right track. My featured artwork is made from papers in the new Florentine collection. With richly textured designs in colors such as brown bag, garden green, twilight, and vanilla cream, there are so many possibilities for this collection.

I will be the first to admit that when I saw our first "cluster" stamp, Happy Clusters,  in the 2011 Autumn/Winter Idea Book, my mind took a bit of time to visualize the possibilities. Let's face it, pictured in black and white, the images take on the feeling of a gestalt psychological test! Once I played with that first set of clusters (see below right), I was sold. In fact, when the new book contained a new cluster set, Love Clusters, it was all I could do to wait until my order of new product arrived.

With stamping and buttons and bling, oh my!... the creations are such fun! This butterfly image sports a bit of each and could be turned into a completely different look with alternate colors and papers.

For those of you who are avid stampers, these images provide such a fun palette for your own creativity!  To the right, you will see the very first card that I made using these clusters-same pattern, different papers-and you will see what I mean!

Once you're ready for a bit more inspiration, head on over to Lynne's blog, Field's Finery, to see what she has in store for you. Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. oooooo Linda I am so glad you used this stamp set. I got it but now seeing it used I am going to go break that puppy outta the envelope and get stamping! LOVE the cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me. I still see this stamp as a Rorschach test, but you have turned it into something beautiful. Add my favorite papers and what can I say??? LOVE it!! (pst.. its February...)

    ReplyDelete