Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's a Wonderland on the Paper Trail Blog Hop!

Card featuring Happy Clusters stamp set
Happy New Year and welcome to the January Paper Trail Blog Hop. This month, we are featuring the crisp colors of the Wonderland paper packet. If you have arrived here from Pam's blog, P-Inks, you're on the right track.

The colors and patterns in Wonderland are so very versatile. As the name implies, winter photos can be showcased using the icy snowflake patterns and yet with stripes, polka dots, and plaids, the options are wide open for any number of projects.

My first project introduces the fun concept of the Happy Clusters stamp set. I will admit that when I first saw this stamp set, the large images designed to provide a base for buttons, blings, and smaller stamped designs looked like, well, blobs. My daughter immediately thought of the Rorschach inkblot tests!

Wonderland Papers
It was only a short time before I realized that I simply loved working with these images! Stamping the star with second generation Twilight ink started me on my way and with a buffet of buttons, sparkles, and additional images from which to choose, it was so simply to create my masterpiece! Fun, fun, fun!



  • To be inspired even more, check out the brief video below from the Close to My Heart art department.
  • To see another simple project featuring the Wonderland papers, continue to the end of this post.


In closing, enjoy this super simple celebration layout using the Wonderland papers. The patterned pieces on this layout were all cut from just one sheet of B&T Duos. I added in some additional chocolate cardstock for the photo mats and used a bit more patterned paper and the Cricut Art Philosophy set to cut a few fun packages and a decorative mini-banner. The same cricut cartridge provided the pattern for the scalloped photo mat. A bit of bling from the Bling Assortment and some glitz glitter gel finished the piece. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. love Love LOVE the layout!! I can't wait to copy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This paper pack lends itself to so many different ideas....love the layout too Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card, too! Have that set and gots to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love the button card!!! It's a majority opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the button card...I have that set and have yet to use it - guess I better pull it out!! My girls are doing that layout this month!

    ReplyDelete