Thursday, February 23, 2012

Simple Springtime Hugs

At times, the simplest of cards can make your day. I have been eyeing all of the cards that I could cut out with my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and finally decided it was time to put them to work! Where I live, we have had a very, very mild winter. In fact, today, Feb. 23rd, the prediction is that our temperature will rise to near 70 degrees. I'm sure that was part of the reason that I was drawn to the springtime freshness of the new Lucy papers.

In very little time, I had cut out this sweet card that features a little ticket-shaped window. I pulled out my February Stamp of the Month and one of my favorite sentiments, "Consider Yourself Hugged". A quick stamping of the sentiment in the window resulted in my basic card. All I added was a paper flower sponged with a bit of ink, a cute pink scalloped circle cut from the Cricut as my flower center, and a few opaques and tiny sparkles for a bit of bling.

I must admit that I usually "need" to do much more to a card to make it my own, yet the simplicity of this one made me smile. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment