Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Cricut Meets Clementine

I will be the first to admit that there was a time when I didn't think that I needed a Cricut. How often would I really use it? Did I really want to take it on the road to crops and the like? Could I just use my scissors?

My how all that changed when a Cricut came to live at my house!!! I loved knowing that at any time of the day or night, I could cut shapes to my heart's content and create, create, create! It is no wonder then, that when Close to My Heart revealed the new Cricut Artiste Collection, my heart skipped a beat!

Let me show you why!

  • It has nearly 700 brand new images.
  • You get 3 stamp sets with images whose shapes can be cut with the cartridge. The pg. number and size to cut are right on the carrier sheet!
  • Included are 3 sheets of chipboard with shapes from the cartridge.
  • You get an extra booklet detailing all of the assembly instructions for the many 3-D projects on the cartridge!




My first little project paired shapes from the new cartridge with papers from the new Clementine collection! The tag, cupcake, frosting, cupcake liner, and banner are all shapes on the Cricut Artiste cartridge. Once they were cut, I simply stamped up the frosting, liner and banner using the stamps included in the collection. I added a torn paper border and some sponging to the tag and all of the bits. All that was left to do was to assemble the cupcake and pop it onto the tag along with the banner. A knotted ribbon finishes the project and it's ready to roll. The tag would be at home on a layout for a photo or journaling piece or could even be used on the front of a card. As a tag, it can always label a package for a special someone!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment