Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cricut Artiste-Noel Key Blog Hop

Welcome to our blog hop featuring the "Noel Key" from the Cricut Artiste Collection, available exclusively through Close to My Heart. If you have arrived here from Heather's blog, you're on the right track. It is, however, a circular blog, so you can even start here and continue along the trail.

Each year, my Rising Hearts team in Close to My Heart enjoys time together at our annual stamp camp. It is a day-long event during which everyone creates a number of projects that can be used as workshops and classes. I enjoy creating the projects and I am here to share one of them with you!
With designs from the Avonlea Paper Packet along with a bit of chocolate cardstock, my layout entitled "Snow Much Fun" was,  indeed, such fun to create. Check out the mittens. This is where the "Noel Key" comes into play! By cutting one large pair of mittens, I was able to create a focal point to match the smaller mittens that dance along the bottom of the layout.

Each of the keys associated with the Artiste collection includes a variety of images, many of which are related. In the upper right hand corner, you will find the solid mitten along with the mitten overlay. With the push of a button, I had my mittens ready to go in little time at all. It is amazing how this particular print, when cut as mittens, looks like a traditional Fair Isle knit! Such fun!

We had even more fun ahead of us as we chose another key to use with more patterns from the Avonlea collection! This time, we used the snowflakes, cut in a variety of patterns and sizes to make dazzling clusters in opposite corners of the layout. It was simple to place the largest snowflake off the edge of the paper and trim it to create a whole new look and plenty of interest.
When you're ready for more fun with the Noel Key, hop on over to Lucy's blog to see what she has to share! Make sure that you stop back in tomorrow for one additional layout that uses even more of the Avonlea patterns and images from the Noel Key!



8 comments:

  1. Very fun layouts! I love these winter colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Linda! Fun with an easy basic layout design! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Avonlea layout. I always love your work, its so fresh and clean; my favorite style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I love the use of this paper for wintery things, because it's not the obvious choice. Shows the versatility of the paper and the awesomeness of the Artiste cart. Applause!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some snow pictures from when my kids were little, that I can't wait to add to this layout. I really like the mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those layouts are stinking CUTE!!! I love it Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these layouts!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete