Friday, November 30, 2012

Paper Trail Meets Avonlea

Welcome to the Paper Trail Blog Hop which this month, features papers from the Avonlea paper collection. If you have arrived here from Mary's blog, you're on the right track but as hops go, it's a continuous circle, so you can start anywhere!

The colors in this collection are right up my alley and it is interesting to note that some of them are exclusive to this paper packet! The Avonlea Teal, Avonlea Green, and Avonlea Off-White can be found only in this paper collection so if you love them as much as I do, you may want to stock up on a few packs! With the addition of the neutrals, Chocolate and Slate, you have a versatile collection of colors that lend themselves to any number of projects!

While other examples of these gift cards have made an appearance on my blog in recent months, it seemed like the perfect time to share them again as we all prepare for the holidays. Besides,  I thought that they were the perfect project on which to share a super simple trick that my dear upline, Bren Yule, shared with me! Let's get started.

As simple as these are, they are just the ticket when you need to create packaging for gift cards. Cut from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge, the cards feature an inside pocket designed to hold a gift card of your choice. (Check below for yet another idea for that pocket.)

Take a close look at the center vertical strip on each of the cards. Does the sparkle catch your eye? Look even closer. The center card features our Silver Shimmer Trim, an adhesive-backed glittery trim that adds just the right touch to your project. 

Believe it or not, the other two cards feature that same trim! If you think that they are a different color than silver, you are absolutely correct. That's right readers! The trim accepts color from our alcohol markers and in little time at all, you have a coordinating trim for your card! I just love this little trick!

Now, here's the other idea for the inside pocket:
Peeking out from the pocket is one of our new Monogram Stamps!!! These precious stamps are available as individual letters and at just $2.95 each, are a wonderful gift for that special stamper. They are perfect to create thank you notes, notecards, little tags, and so much more!

To package the stamp, I removed it from it's little stamp envelope so that it would sit nicely in the pocket. I include the envelope in with the card so that the recipient still has the proper storage for her gift. Enjoy!

Now hop on over to Amy's blog to see what she has to offer. Check back often for more ideas! 

4 comments:

  1. These are great, and I love that you thought of putting a Monogram stamp in there... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name starts with "T"...is one of those cards headed my way??? I knew if I explained to Santa that my wishes would be granted! I love that you shared the silver tape can be colored...once more versatility is the name of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are darling, darling idea!!!! I love this idea for my friends who stamp! Now I have to get some of those monogram stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. like your gift card holders. We did this same idea for my daughter's invites for her birthday and used a business card for the inside to put all the info on.

    ReplyDelete