Wednesday, May 1, 2013

See You Later Sk8r on the Paper Trail

Welcome to this month's Paper Trail Blog Hop! If you have arrived here from Vicki's blog, you're on the right track though with it being a simple circular blog, you can start anywhere! 

This month, we invite you to enjoy the cool blues and greens of the Later Sk8r paper collection. I'll admit that I have a soft spot for the color blue and with so many variations of the color in this paper, it was inevitable that it would be one of my favorites in the current Idea Book.

I kept it simple by featuring the fun images in the May Stamp of the Month-Pinwheel and had such a good time pulling out a bit of this and that to make the card sing! It probably helped that at the time I was creating, I was nestled in the mountains of Virginia with a group of friends and had all the time in the world to play with paper and ink!

Outdoor Denim, Pear and Lagoon inks bring the pinwheels to life as they are grounded on a background of Pear cardstock along with a classic plaid. Even the hints of Slate in the paper are reinforced with a sliver of matting and some bits of trimmed polka-dot washi tape. Add a bit of sparkle with a few lines of Green Glitz Glitter Gel and the card is ready to brighten a special friend's day!

Ready for more? Hop on over to Tracey's blog to see what she has to offer. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love the touch of Glitter Gel...this is one of my favorite papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete