Friday, November 1, 2013

The Paper Trail Has Been Frosted!

Welcome to this month's edition of the Paper Trail blog hop on which we will feature artwork created using the Frosted paper collection. The hop is a continuous circle, so if you have arrived here from Amy's blog, welcome! If, instead, you are starting here, do take the time to visit the other participants' blogs to see what they have to offer.

This month, I am featuring a set of notecards, the pattern for which has become one of my favorites since I developed it for my annual team training event. With just 1 sheet of patterned paper, I can cut all of the pieces for 6 cards. The only additional cardstock is just a bit used for the stamping the image. By adding them to our card bases which are available in a value pack of 50 (which includes envelopes) sprinkling them with a few embellishments, and adding the stamped focal point, my cards are done in little time at all! 

For embellishments, I first chose our Hexagonal Irresistibles, chipboard elements that, when sponged with ink (I used Twilight), show off the resist pattern. I think it's a brilliant idea! Two of the cards showcase our Silver Shimmer Trim and all of them sport a few clear sparkles.

The focal point is the Simple Snowflake. It is so simple, in fact, that it is one of our new M-sized stamps. Each one of these stamps comes as a single image and is only $2.95!!!

Two of these cards made an appearance in an earlier blog post. Check them out here to see how the same pattern looks using the Huntington Paper Packet.

The Frosted Paper Packet is unique in that while it features several colors from our regular line, it also includes colors that are known as "kit exclusive" colors. These exclusive colors are only available in a particular paper packet but can be easily coordinated with the regular colors in the collection. 
Frosted Paper Packet


In this paper packet, the exclusive colors include both Frosted Grey and Frosted Turquoise. They are supported with Champagne and Colonial White and can easily supported inks such as Whisper and Slate. In addition, the muted tone of the papers lends itself to adding a bold splash of color. Try Twilight if you want a color in the same general color family, or for something bolder, add Ruby to the mix! 

Now it's time to continue so hop on over to Karen's blog to see what she has to offer!

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful cards. I love the shimmer trim with them! Classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the hexagon embellishment...gorgeous cards and I'd love the pattern if you'd share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Love LOVE these cards! I really like the positive/negative look with the papers reversed. I, for one, can't wait to try your single page workshop. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and I love the idea of mass producing them. I'm thinking thank you notes...

    ReplyDelete