Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ariana Welcomes Spring to the Paper Trail

It's SPRING! The calendar says it is so and I'm going to believe it! I'm ready for a bit more sunshine and the freshness that only comes with a peaceful spring morning. Let's enjoy every minute of it! I'm also ready to introduce you to Ariana on the Paper Trail this month! If you have arrived here from Patricia's blog, you're on the right trail yet you can simply start from here and hop around.

Ariana is one of our new paper packs and is decidedly spring-like with colors of Ariana Coral, Ariana Green, Outdoor Denim, Crystal Blue, Ariana Grey, and White Daisy. As soon as I saw it, I had in mind a project with which I thought it would work perfectly and I thought I would share it here with you.

This pennant frame is a new product in the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book and I just love the look of it! While it would be simple to trace and cut the pennant shape, it is even simpler to cut the shape that can be found on our Artbooking Cartridge and you're ready to roll.

I loved the ease with which I could put this together and I look forward to sharing more of them with you as I experiment with other papers! In addition to the large floral that I used for the main portion of the frame, I also used some of the coordinating papers to cut flowers with, you guessed it, another of our Cricut cartridges. This time I used Art Philosophy. I also added a few leaves and, if you look closely, you can see the strips next to the flowers that include a sliver of pink glitter paper. (I used the medium shade which is a bit peachy.)

The little corners add even more feminine touches to the frame and, yes, that's right, our Cricut cartridges came to the rescue again! They are simply adhered to the inside corners of the frame; I used liquid glass to ensure a permanent hold. Let me know if you have any questions!

It's time to hop along on the trail to Amy's blog to see what she has to offer. Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. I love this, i was thinking how i was going to do mine, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pennant frame and the use of the sparkly with the Ariana paper! Who knew it's match and compliment so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, it's gorgeous, just what I've come to expect from you! I want to do more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try the pennant frame...you're work is always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful project! Flower details are stunning!

    ReplyDelete