Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Sip of Simplicity

More than likely, you have seen these little water bottle tags many times. Consider this a reminder of how cute and simple such a project can be as it elevates the lowly water bottle to a thirst-quenching gift or decoration. Try them for birthday parties, pool soirees, bridal showers, and much more. Easily coordinated with a bit of ink and paper, these will fit into any theme or decor.
My version begins with a piece of cardstock cut at 3" x 10" and scored 3" from one end and 2-1/2" from the other end. The 3" section is folded up and decorated as desired while the 2-1/2" section is punched with a 1-1/4" punch to accommodate the bottle top.
Do you want to duplicate the lattice print background? Grab your rubber brayer, add some dimensional foam tape around the cylinder, ink it up and you're on a roll! I used one color in each direction for a fun garden-y look! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a BLOG!!! Love it! I also LOVE the idea above. I may just have to make those to give out at one of my escapes! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete